HGV: A Library for Hierarchies, Graphs, and Views
- Marcus Raitner
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We introduce the base architecture of a software library which combines graphs, hierarchies, and views and describes the interactions between them. Each graph may have arbitrarily many hierarchies and each hierarchy may have arbitrarily many views. Both the hierarchies and the views can be added and removed dynamically from the correspondingg raph and hierarchy, respectively. The software library shall serve as a platform for algorithms and data structures on hierarchically structured graphs. Such graphs become increasingly important and occur in special applications, e. g., call graphs in software engineering or biochemical pathways, with a particular need to manipulate and draw graphs.
- F. J. Brandenburg, M. Forster, A. Pick, M. Raitner, and F. Schreiber. Biopath. In Proc. GD 2001, LNCS 2265, pp. 451–456, 2001.
- R. Brockenauer and S. Cornelsen. Drawingclusters and hierarchies. In Drawing Graphs-Methods and Models, LNCS 2025, pp. 193–227, 2001. CrossRef
- A. L. Buchsbaum, M. T. Goodrich, and J. R. Westbrook. Range searching over tree cross products. In 8th ESA, 2000.
- A. L. Buchsbaum and J. R. Westbrook. Maintaininghierarc hical graph views. In 11th ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, 2000.
- P. Eades and Q.-W. Feng. Multilevel visualization of clustered graphs. In Proc. GD 1996, LNCS 1190, pp. 101–112, 1996.
- E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides. Design Patterns: Elements od Reusable Object-Oriented Software. AW Professional ComputingSeries, 1995.
- D. Harel. On visual formalisms. Comm. of the ACM, 31(5):588–600, 1988. CrossRef
- M. Himsolt. Konzeption und Implementierung von Grapheneditoren. PhD thesis, Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik, Universität Passau, 1993.
- M. L. Huangand P. Eades. A fully animated interactive system for clusteringand navigating huge graphs. In Proc. GD 1998, LNCS 1547, pp. 374–383, 1998.
- W. Lai and P. Eades. A graph model which supports flexible layout functions. Technical Report 96-15, 1996.
- T. Lengauer and E. Wanke. Efficient solution of connectivity problems on hierarchically defined graphs. SIAM Journal on Computing, 17(6):1063–1080, 1988. CrossRef
- I. A. Lisitsyn and V. N. Kasyanov. Higres-visualization system for clustered graphs and graph algorithms. In Proc. GD 1999, LNCS 1731, pp. 82–89, 1999.
- K. Sugiyama and K. Misue. Visualization of structural information: Automatic drawingof compound digraphs. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 21(4):876–892, 1991. CrossRef
- HGV: A Library for Hierarchies, Graphs, and Views
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- 10th International Symposium, GD 2002 Irvine, CA, USA, August 26–28, 2002 Revised Papers
- pp 236-243
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Department of Information and Computer Science, University of California at Irvine
- 5. Department of Computer Science, University of Arizona
- Marcus Raitner (6)
- Author Affiliations
- 6. University of Passau, D-94032, Passau, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.