Polymorphic type schemes and recursive definitions
- Alan Mycroft
- … show all 1 hide
An extension to Milner's polymorphic type system is proposed and proved correct. Such an extension appears to be necessary for the class of languages with mutually recursive top-level definitions. We can now ascribe a more general type to such definitions than before.
- Burstall, R., MacQueen, D.B. and Sannella, D.T. HOPE: an experimental applicative language. Internal report, Dept. of Computer Science, Edinburgh University, 1980.
- Damas, L. and Milner, R. Principal type schemes for functional programs. Proc. 9th ACM Symp. on Principles of programming languages, 1982.
- Gordon, M., Milner, R. and Wadsworth, C. Edinburgh LCF. Springer-Verlag LNCS 78, 1979.
- Homström, S. Polymorphic type schemes and concurrent computation in functional languages. PhD thesis, Dept. of Computer Science, Chalmers TH, S-412 96 Göteborg, 1983.
- Milner, R. A theory of type polymorphism in programming. Journal of computer and system sciences, 17(3), 1978.
- Mycroft, A. and O'Keefe, R.A. A polymorphic type system for Prolog. To appear in Artificial Intelligence. Preliminary version in DAI research report. Dept. of Artificial Intelligence, Edinburgh University.
- MacQueen, D.B., Plotkin, G.D. and Sethi, R. An ideal model for recursive polymorphic types. Proc. 11th ACM Symp. on Principles of programming languages, 1984.
- MacQueen, D.B. and Sethi, R. A semantic model of types for applicative languages. Proc. Aspenäs workshop 1982.
- Robinson, J.A. A machine oriented logic based on the resolution principle. JACM 12(1), 1965.
- Polymorphic type schemes and recursive definitions
- Book Title
- International Symposium on Programming
- Book Subtitle
- 6th Colloquium Toulouse, April 17–19, 1984 Proceedings
- pp 217-228
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.