Symmertric space-bounded computation (extended abstract)
- Harry R. LewisAffiliated withAiken Computation Laboratory, Harvard University
- , Christos H. PapadimitriouAffiliated withDepartment of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
A symmetric Turing machine is one whose "yields" relation between configurations is symmetric. The space complexity classes for such machines are found to be intermediate between the corresponding deterministic and nondeterministic space complexity classes. Certain natural problems are shown to be complete for symmetric space complexity classes, and the relationship of symmetry to determinism and nondeterminism is investigated.
- Symmertric space-bounded computation (extended abstract)
- Book Title
- Automata, Languages and Programming
- Book Subtitle
- Seventh Colloquium Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands July 14–18, 1980
- pp 374-384
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Aiken Computation Laboratory, Harvard University, 02138, Cambridge, Mass.
- 2. Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 02139, Cambridge, Mass.
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.