Prospects for long-wavelength X-ray microscopy and diffraction
- D. Sayre
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Our purpose in the first part of this talk is to call attention to certain advantages of the soft (λ = 10-100A) x-ray photon in the imaging of biological material, which are not shared by other particles. The second part will briefly survey the status of some of the problems which arise in the use of these photons for this purpose.
- B.L. Henke and E.S. Ebisu, in: Advances in X-Ray Analysis (C.L. Grant, C.S. Barrett, J.B. Newkirk, and C.O. Ruud, eds.), Vol. 19, pp. 150–213, Plenum Press, New York (1974). Also Wm. J. Viegele, Photon cross sections from 0.1 keV to 1 MeV for elements Z=1 to Z=94, Atomic Data Tables 5, 51–111 (1973).
- D. Sayre, J. Kirz, R. Feder, D.M. Kim, and E. Spiller, Transmission microscopy of unmodified biological materials: comparative radiation dosages with electrons and ultrasoft x-ray photons, Ultramicroscopy 2, 337–349 (1977). See also same authors, Potential operating region for ultrasoft x-ray microscopy of biological materials, Science 196, 1339–1340 (1977).
- M. Isaacson, in: Principles and Techniques of Electron Microscopy (M.A. Hayat, ed.), Vol. 7, pp. 1–78, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York (1976).
- J. Kirz, D. Sayre, and J. Dilger, Comparative analysis of x-ray emission microscopies for biological specimens, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 306, 291–303 (1978). See also reference 11.
- R.A. McCorkle, Soft x-ray emission by an electron-beam sliding-spark device, J. Phys. B11, L407–408 (1978).
- R. Feder, D. Sayre, E. Spiller, J. Topalian, and J. Kirz, Specimen replication for electron microscopy using x-rays and x-ray resist, J. App. Phys. 47, 1192–1193 (1976).
- E. Spiller and R. Feder, in: Topics in Applied Physics (H.-J. Queisser, ed.), Vol. 22, pp. 35–92, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1977).
- R. Feder, E. Spiller, J. Topalian, A.N. Broers, W. Gudat, B.J. Panessa, Z.A. Zadunaisky, and J. Sedat, High-resolution soft x-ray microscopy, Science 197, 259–260 (1977).
- J. Wm. McGowan, B. Borwein, J.A. Medeiros, T. Beveridge, J.D. Brown, E. Spiller, R. Feder, J. Topalian, and W. Gudat, High resolution microchemical analysis using soft x-ray lithographic techniques, J. Cell. Biol. (in press).
- L. Manuelidis, J. Sedat, R. Feder, and E. Spiller, Three-dimensional information on polytene and diploid interphase nuclei, to be presented at Conference on Ultrasoft X-Ray Microscopy, N.Y. Acad. Sci., June 1979.
- J. Kirz and D. Sayre, in: Synchrotron Radiation Research (S. Doniach and H. Winick, eds.), Plenum Press, New York (in press).
- K. Wakabayashi, A. Kazizaki, Y. Siota, K. Namba, K. Kurita, M. Yokata, H. Tagawa, Y. Inoko, T. Mitsui, E. Wada, T. Ueki, I. Nagakura, and T. Matsukawa, Soft x-ray small-angle scattering by polystyrene latexes using synchrotron radiation, J. Phys. Soc. Japan 44, 1314–1322 (1978).
- Prospects for long-wavelength X-ray microscopy and diffraction
- Book Title
- Imaging Processes and Coherence in Physics
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of a Workshop, Held at the Centre de Physique, Les Houches, Frace, March 1979
- pp 229-235
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Physics
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.