GrGen: A Fast SPO-Based Graph Rewriting Tool
Graph rewriting is a powerful technique that requires graph pattern matching, which is an NP-complete problem. We present GrGen, a generative programming system for graph rewriting, which applies heuristic optimizations. According to Varró’s benchmark it is at least one order of magnitude faster than any other tool known to us.
Our graph rewriting tool implements the well-founded single-pushout approach. We define the notion of search plans to represent different matching strategies and equip these search plans with a cost model, taking the present host graph into account. The task of selecting a good search plan is then viewed as an optimization problem.
For the ease of use, GrGen features an expressive specification language and generates program code with a convenient interface.
- GrGen: A Fast SPO-Based Graph Rewriting Tool
- Book Title
- Graph Transformations
- Book Subtitle
- Third International Conference, ICGT 2006 Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, September 17-23, 2006 Proceedings
- pp 383-397
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Institute of Business Communication and Information Science, University of Southern Denmark
- 17. Technische Universität Berlin
- 18. Dipartimento di Informatica, Università di Pisa
- 19. Instituto de Informática, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
- 20. Leiden Center of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS), Leiden University
- Author Affiliations
- 21. Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76131, Karlsruhe, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.