A Proposal for Records in Event-B
- Neil EvansAffiliated withAWE
- , Michael ButlerAffiliated withSchool of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton
The B method is a well known approach to the formal specification and development of sequential computer programs. Inspired by action systems, the B method has evolved to incorporate system modelling and distributed system development. This extension is called Event-B. Even though several of the structuring mechanisms of the original B method are absent from Event-B, the desire to define and maintain structured data persists. We propose the introduction of records to Event-B for this purpose. Our approach upholds the refinement principles of Event-B by allowing the stepwise development of records too.
- A Proposal for Records in Event-B
- Book Title
- FM 2006: Formal Methods
- Book Subtitle
- 14th International Symposium on Formal Methods, Hamilton, Canada, August 21-27, 2006. Proceedings
- pp 221-235
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. The University of Texas at Austin
- 17. Institut für Informatik, Technische Universität, München
- 18. Department of Computing and Software, McMaster University
- Author Affiliations
- 19. AWE, Aldermaston, U.K.
- 20. School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, U.K.
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.