New Methods for Evaluating the Answerscripts of Students Using Fuzzy Sets
- Hui-Yu WangAffiliated withDepartment of Education, National Chengchi University
- , Shyi-Ming ChenAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
In this paper, we present new methods for evaluating the answerscripts of students, where the evaluating values are represented by fuzzy numbers, and an optimism index λ determined by the evaluator is used to indicate the degree of optimism of the evaluator for evaluating the answerscripts of students, where the value of λ is between zero and one. The universe of discourse is formed by a set of satisfaction levels. The fuzzy mark awarded to the answer of each question of the answerscript of a student is represented by a type-2 fuzzy set. The proposed methods can overcome the drawbacks of the existing methods. It can evaluate the answerscripts of students in a more flexible and more intelligent manner.
- New Methods for Evaluating the Answerscripts of Students Using Fuzzy Sets
- Book Title
- Advances in Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Book Subtitle
- 19th International Conference on Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems, IEA/AIE 2006, Annecy, France, June 27-30, 2006. Proceedings
- pp 442-451
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 18. Department of Computer Science, Texas State University-San Marcos
- 19. ESIA Laboratoire d’Informatique, Sytèmes, Traitement de l’Information et de la Connaissance, Université de Savoie
- Author Affiliations
- 20. Department of Education, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- 21. Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.