Exact Learning Composed Classes with a Small Number of Mistakes
- Nader H. BshoutyAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, Technion
- , Hanna MazzawiAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, Technion
The Composition Lemma is one of the strongest tools for learning complex classes. It shows that if a class is learnable then composing the class with a class of polynomial number of concepts gives a learnable class. In this paper we extend the Composition Lemma as follows: we show that composing an attribute efficient learnable class with a learnable class with polynomial shatter coefficient gives a learnable class.
This result extends many results in the literature and gives polynomial learning algorithms for new classes.
- Exact Learning Composed Classes with a Small Number of Mistakes
- Book Title
- Learning Theory
- Book Subtitle
- 19th Annual Conference on Learning Theory, COLT 2006, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, June 22-25, 2006. Proceedings
- pp 199-213
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.