Can Aspects Implement Contracts?
- Stephanie BalzerAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
- , Patrick Th. EugsterAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
- , Bertrand MeyerAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
Design by ContractTMis commonly cited as an example of the “crosscutting” concerns that aspect-oriented programming can address. We test this conjecture by attempting to implement contracts through aspects and assessing the outcome. The results of this experiment cast doubt on the validity of the conjecture, showing that aspects appear unable to capture contracts in a way that retains the benefits of the Design by Contract methodology.
- Can Aspects Implement Contracts?
- Book Title
- Rapid Integration of Software Engineering Techniques
- Book Subtitle
- Second International Workshop, RISE 2005, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, September 8-9, 2005, Revised Selected Papers
- pp 145-157
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Laboratory for Advanced Software Systems, University of Luxembourg
- 17. Department of Computer Science, University of Crete
- Author Affiliations
- 18. Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), CH-8092, Zürich, Switzerland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.