An Approach to Find Embedded Clusters Using Density Based Techniques
- S. RoyAffiliated withDept of Computer Science & Information Technology, Tezpur University, Napaam 784 028, Assam
- , D. K. BhattacharyyaAffiliated withDept of Computer Science & Information Technology, Tezpur University, Napaam 784 028, Assam
This paper presents an efficient clustering technique which can identify any embedded and nested cluster over any variable density space. The proposed algorithm is basically an enhanced version of DBSCAN  and OPTICS . Experimental results are reported to establish that the proposed clustering technique outperforms both DBSCAN and OPTICS in terms of complex cluster detection.
Keywords: Variable density, embedded cluster, core-distance, cluster, core neighborhood, unsupervised.
- An Approach to Find Embedded Clusters Using Density Based Techniques
- Book Title
- Distributed Computing and Internet Technology
- Book Subtitle
- Second International Conference, ICDCIT 2005, Bhubaneswar, India, December 22-24, 2005. Proceedings
- pp 523-535
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.