A Compositional Approach to the Stochastic Dynamics of Gene Networks
- Luca Cardelli
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We propose a compositional approach to the dynamics of gene regulatory networks based on the stochastic π-calculus, and develop a representation of gene network elements which can be used to build complex circuits in a transparent and efficient way. To demonstrate the power of the approach we apply it to several artificial networks, such as the repressilator and combinatorial gene circuits first studied in Combinatorial Synthesis of Genetic Networks [GEHL2002]. For two examples of the latter systems, we point out how the topology of the circuits and the interplay of the stochastic gate interactions influence the circuit behavior. Our approach may be useful for the testing of biological mechanisms proposed to explain the experimentally observed circuit dynamics.
Joint work with Ralf Blossey and Andrew Phillips.
Supplementary Material (0)
About this Chapter
- A Compositional Approach to the Stochastic Dynamics of Gene Networks
- Book Title
- CONCUR 2005 – Concurrency Theory
- Book Subtitle
- 16th International Conference, CONCUR 2005, San Francisco, CA, USA, August 23-26, 2005. Proceedings
- p 4
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.