Video Story Segmentation and Its Application to Personal Video Recorders
- Keiichiro HoashiAffiliated withKDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
- , Masaru SuganoAffiliated withKDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
- , Masaki NaitoAffiliated withKDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
- , Kazunori MatsumotoAffiliated withKDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
- , Fumiaki SugayaAffiliated withKDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
Video story segmentation, i.e., segmentation of video to semantically meaningful units, is an essential technology for advanced video processing, such as video retrieval, summarization, and so on. In this paper, we will introduce a generic video story segmentation method, which has achieved highly accurate segmentation on both broadcast news and non-news variety TV programs. Furthermore, we will probe the problems which need to be solved in order to implement story segmentation to practical applications.
- Video Story Segmentation and Its Application to Personal Video Recorders
- Book Title
- Image and Video Retrieval
- Book Subtitle
- 4th International Conference, CIVR 2005, Singapore, July 20-22, 2005. Proceedings
- pp 39-48
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Dept. of Computer Science, National University of Singapore
- 17. LIACS Media Lab, Leiden University
- 18. National University of Singapore
- 19. Microsoft Research Asia
- 20. School of Computing, National University of Singapore
- Author Affiliations
- 21. KDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc., Japan
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.