The Software Hut – A Student Experience of eXtreme Programming with Real Commercial Clients
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The University of Sheffield provides undergraduate students with a real experience of software engineering through a module entitled the Software Hut. Here, 2nd year students work in teams competing to build a real business solution for a real commercial client. In this exercise, eXtreme Programming is used. This article provides a few details of this innovative educational programme.
- The Software Hut – A Student Experience of eXtreme Programming with Real Commercial Clients
- Book Title
- Extreme Programming and Agile Processes in Software Engineering
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Conference, XP 2005, Sheffield, UK, June 18-23, 2005. Proceedings
- pp 323-324
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Informatik og Matematisk Modellering, Danmarks Tekniske Universitet
- 17. FlossLab s.r.l.
- 18. Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield
- Author Affiliations
- 19. Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, Portobello Street, Sheffield, S1 4DP
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.