If Piracy Is the Problem, Is DRM the Answer?
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Piracy of digital content is considered a serious problem by content companies. Digital Rights Management is considered a potential solution to this problem. In this paper we study to what degree DRM can live up to this expectation. We conclude that given the current and foreseeable state of technology the content protection features of DRM are not effective at combating piracy.
- If Piracy Is the Problem, Is DRM the Answer?
- Book Title
- Digital Rights Management
- Book Subtitle
- Technological, Economic, Legal and Political Aspects
- pp 224-233
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Universität Dortmund
- 5. Bertelsmann Digital World Services
- 6. Rightscom Ltd.
- Author Affiliations
- 7. Hewlett-Packard Laboratories,
- 8. Department of Computer Science, Princeton University, and Office of Strategy and Technology, Hewlett-Packard,
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.