Structuring BDI Agents in Functional Clusters
- Paolo BusettaAffiliated withAgent Oriented Software Pty. Ltd.
- , Nicholas HowdenAffiliated withAgent Oriented Software Pty. Ltd.
- , Ralph RönnquistAffiliated withAgent Oriented Software Pty. Ltd.
- , Andrew HodgsonAffiliated withAgent Oriented Software Pty. Ltd.
The development of complex agents requires adequate conceptual and software tools that allow modular development and software reuse. We present a concept, called capability , which represents a cluster of components of a BDI agent. Capabilities encapsulate beliefs, events and plans while, at the same time, allowing global meta-level reasoning. Capabilities enable software reuse, and are well suited as building blocks for the development of multi-agent systems. We present an implementation of capabilities within the commercial Java-based multi-agent framework JACK Intelligent AgentsTM.
- Structuring BDI Agents in Functional Clusters
- Book Title
- Intelligent Agents VI. Agent Theories, Architectures, and Languages
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Workshop, ATAL’99, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 15-17, 1999. Proceedings
- pp 277-289
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 6. School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton
- 7. Department of Computer Science, York University
- Author Affiliations
- 8. Agent Oriented Software Pty. Ltd., 221 Bouverie St., Carlton, Vic., 3053, Australia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.