Multi-User System Management on SCI Clusters
- Matthias BruneAffiliated withKonrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik
- , Axel KellerAffiliated withPaderborn Center for Parallel Computing
- , Alexander ReinefeldAffiliated withKonrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik
The growing maturity of hardware and software components has tempted researchers to build very large SCI clusters with several hundred processors that are operated as high-performance compute servers in multi-user mode.
In this chapter, we present a resource management software for the user access and system administration of high-performance compute clusters named Computing Center Software (CCS). It is in day-to-day use since 1992 on various parallel systems and has recently been adapted to the management of SCI clusters. CCS provides pluggable schedulers, optimal space partitioning for multiple users, reliable user access, and powerful tools for specifying resources and services by means of a specification language and a graphical user interface.
After a brief introduction in the remainder of this section, we describe the CCS system architecture and the characteristics of its resource description facilities.
- Multi-User System Management on SCI Clusters
- Book Title
- SCI: Scalable Coherent Interface
- Book Subtitle
- Architecture and Software for High-Performance Compute Clusters
- Book Part
- pp 443-461
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Department of Business Informatics & Application Systems, Department of Information Technology, University Klagenfurt
- 5. Zuse Institute Berlin
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik, Takustr. 7, D-14195, Berlin
- 7. Paderborn Center for Parallel Computing, D-33102, Paderborn
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.