Techniques in Residual Stress Measurement for MEMS and Their Applications
- Kuo-Shen ChenAffiliated withDepartment of Mechanical Engineering, National Cheng-Kung University Tainan
This chapter mainly focuses on the introduction of residual stress characterization of MEMS materials. The origin and classification of residual stress appearing in thin films and MEMS structures are firstly introduced and the essential background of necessary mechanics, which is utilized to convert the measured data into the final residual stress, is followed. Various types of residual stress characterization techniques conducted in MEMS scale are subsequently addressed and reviewed. Finally, a brief discuss on controlling residual stresses and on taking the advantage of residual stress in MEMS applications is briefly discussed.
KeywordsMicroelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Residual Stresses Thin Films
- Techniques in Residual Stress Measurement for MEMS and Their Applications
- Book Title
- Book Subtitle
- Handbook Techniques and Applications
- pp 1252-1328
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, Inc.
- Additional Links
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Residual Stresses
- Thin Films
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.