Sustaining and Reframing Vulnerability and Connection
- William S. Pollack
- … show all 1 hide
Although it may appear to represent an oxymoron within classical resiliency studies to argue that the more we can sustain and maintain (healthy) vulnerability in boys and young males the more resilient they will become and remain, that is precisely the argument of this chapter. Indeed it remains at the heart of the deconstruction of our classic model of stoic separation-based models for healthy boyhood for which the hope for genuine resiliency for young (and, for that matter older) males may lie (Pollack, 1995a, 1995b, 1998, 1999, 2000).
- Sustaining and Reframing Vulnerability and Connection
- Book Title
- Handbook of Resilience in Children
- Book Part
- pp 65-77
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, Inc.
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Utah School of Medicine
- 2. Harvard Medical School
- 3. McLean Hospital
- Author Affiliations
- 4. Department of Psychiatry, Harvard University, Centers for Men and Young Men at McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, 02478
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.