Aspectix: A Quality-aware, Object-based Middleware Architecture
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Quality of service is becoming more and more important in distributed systems. Current middleware systems lack quality-of-service support on the application and on the system level. AspectIX is a CORBA-compliant middleware platform that defines generic interfaces to control quality-of-service and an infrastructure for quality implementations. AspectIX is based on a fragmented object model that can provide transparent client-side quality implementations. Quality implementations can be weaved into functional fragments using a hierarchy of Weavelets which are modular code-transforming software components. A distributed policy decision engine allows administrators to influence object-internal decisions, e.g., decisions about how to implement the current quality-of-service requirements.
- C. Backer, K. Geihs: Generic QoS specifications for CORBA. Proc. of Kommunikation in Verteilten Systemen—KiVS. Informatik aktuell. Springer, 1999.
- F. J. Hauck, E. Meier, et.al.: A middleware architecture for scalable, QoS-aware and self-organizing global services. Proc. of the USM Conf. 2000. LNCS 1890, Springer, 2000.
- G. Kiczales, J. Lamping, A. Mendhekar, C. Maeda, C. Lopes, J.-M. Loingtier, J. Irwin: Aspect-oriented programming. Proc. of the ECOOP Conf. LNCS 1241, Springer, 1997.
- R. Koster, T. Kramp: Structuring QoS-supporting services with smart proxies. Proc. of the Middleware 2000 Conf.. LNCS 1795, Springer, 2000.
- E. Meier, F. J. Hauck: Policy-enabled applications. Tech. Report TR-I4-99-05, IMMD IV, Univ. Erlangen-Nürnberg, July 1999.
- Object Management Group, OMG: The Common Object Request Broker: architecture and specification. Rev. 2.4.2, OMG Doc. formal/01-02-33, Feb. 2001.
- P. Pal, J. Loyall, R. Schantz, J. Zinky, R. Shapiro, J. Megquier: Using QDL to specify QoS-aware distributed (QuO) application configuration. Proc. of the 3rd ISORC Symp., 2000.
- Aspectix: A Quality-aware, Object-based Middleware Architecture
- Book Title
- New Developments in Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems
- Book Subtitle
- IFIP TC6/WG6.1 Third International Working Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems September 17–19, 2001, Kraków, Poland
- Book Part
- pp 115-120
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IFIP International Federation for Information Processing
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Quality of Service
- Distributed Objects
- Programming Models for Distributed Systems
- Policy-Enabled Application
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Mining and Metallurgy
- 2. University of Frankfurt
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Informatik 4, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.