Information Access is Fine, But Who is Going to Pay?
- Adam Wolisz
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Modern telecommunication networks promise new perspective in information access at any time, from any place. On the other hand recent spectrum auctions made it clear, that the transmission capacity (at least for wireless access!) becomes really an economic issue. In this talk we advocate the thesis, that both flat rate and usage based charging of the end-users are structurally wrong, and discuss an alternative dual charging model.
- IRTF Authentication Authorisation Accounting ARCHitecture Research Group (AAAARCH), URL: http://www.irtf.org/charters/aaaarch.html
- Nevil Brownlee: New Zealand Experiences with Network Traffic Charging, ConneXions, Volume 8, No. 12, December 1994
- B. Briscoe, M. Rizzo, J. Tassel, K. Damianakis, N. Guba: Lightweight policing and charging for packet networks, BT Research, BT Labs, Martlesham Heath, 1999
- Georg Carle, Felix Hartanto, Michael Smirnow, Tanja Zseby: Charging and Accounting for QoS-enhanced IP Multicast, IFIP Sixth International Workshop on Protocols For High-Speed Networks (PfHSN’ 99), August 25–27, 1999, Salem, MA, U.S.A.
- R. Edell, N. McKeown, P. Varaiya: Billing Users and Pricing for TCP, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 13, No. 7, September 1995, pp. 1162–1162. CrossRef
- G. Fankhauser, B. Stiller, C. Vögtli, B. Plattner: Reservation-based Charging in an integrated services Network, 4th INFORMS Telecommunications Conference, Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A., March 1998.
- B. Liver, G. Dermler: The E-Business of Content Delivery, Talk at Workshop on Internet Service Quality Economics, MIT, Dec. 2–3, 1999. http://www.marengoresearch.com/isqe/agenda_m.htm
- B. Rupp, R. Edell, H. Chand, P. Varaiya. INDEX: A Platform for Determining how People Value the Quality of their Internet Access. Proceedings of the Sixth IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Quality of Service-IWQoS’98, Napa, CA, May 1998, pp. 85–90.
- A. Wolisz. Wireless Internet Architectures: Selected Issues... (invited paper) in: J. Wozniak, J. Konorski, editors “Personal Wireless Communications” Kluver Academic Publishers, Boston/Dordrecht/London 2000, pages 1–16
- Information Access is Fine, But Who is Going to Pay?
- Book Title
- New Developments in Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems
- Book Subtitle
- IFIP TC6/WG6.1 Third International Working Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems September 17–19, 2001, Kraków, Poland
- Book Part
- pp 149-158
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IFIP International Federation for Information Processing
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Mobile Computing
- Wireless Access
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.