SpringerBriefs in Physics
SpringerBriefs in Physics are a series of slim high-quality publications encompassing the entire spectrum of physics. Manuscripts for SpringerBriefs in Physics will be evaluated by Springer and by members of the Editorial Board. Proposals and other communication should be sent to your Publishing Editors at Springer.
Featuring compact volumes of 50 to 125 pages (approximately 20,000-45,000 words), Briefs are shorter than a conventional book but longer than a journal article. Thus Briefs serve as timely, concise tools for students, researchers, and professionals.
Typical texts for publication might include:
- A snapshot review of the current state of a hot or emerging field
- A concise introduction to core concepts that students must understand in order to make independent contributions
- An extended research report giving more details and discussion than is possible in a conventional journal article
- A manual describing underlying principles and best practices for an experimental technique
- An essay exploring new ideas within physics, related philosophical issues, or broader topics such as science and society
Briefs allow authors to present their ideas and readers to absorb them with minimal time investment.
Briefs will be published as part of Springer's eBook collection, with millions of users worldwide. In addition, they will be available, just like other books, for individual print and electronic purchase.
Briefs are characterized by fast, global electronic dissemination, straightforward publishing agreements, easy-to-use manuscript preparation and formatting guidelines, and expedited production schedules. We aim for publication 8-12 weeks after acceptance.
28 VolumesBrowse All Volumes