About these proceedings
Understanding the relationship between frailty and longevity becomes increasingly important as the world continues to age and life expectancy in most countries continues to increase. The articles contained in this book are the outcome of a colloquium sponsored by Fondation IPSEN in which interdisciplinary perspectives were brought to bear on conceptual, empirical and clinical aspects of this relationship. The result is a unique, innovative and timely blend of papers on topics ranging from frailty concepts in animal models and early Homo sapiens, to documentation of progress in morbidity compression, on the relationships between frailty and impairments and inflammation, and perspectives on long-term health care needs in an aging world.
Editors and affiliations
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-25153-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-27388-2