Table of contents
About these proceedings
This first book on Modelling and Management of Engineering Processes (MMEP) presents leading national and international research in the fields of engineering design, process modelling in engineering design and product development, and innovation management selected for the first international conference MMEP 2010.
Innovative processes for design of products and services are more and more considered as an organisational capability which is recognised as increasingly important for business success in today’s competitive environment. However, academia and management need to gain a more profound understanding of these processes and and develop better management approaches to exploit such business potential.
This book showcases the current research in this field and is structured into four parts from theory towards organisational practice:
• Engineering Process Management in Theory
• Managing Complex Engineering Processes
• Managing Product and Process Information
• Engineering Process Management in Practice
This book was triggered by a series of industry workshops with representatives from leading companies from within the manufacturing, service and healthcare sectors from Germany, Sweden and the UK in order to identify future research needs. It hopefully marks the starting point for further research and discussion within the Special Interest Group MMEP of the Design Society.
Editors and affiliations
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-84996-198-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-84996-199-8