Comparison of simulation models for the coaxially-gated carbon-nanotube field-effect transistor
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Carbon-nanotube field-effect transistors (CNFETs) have received great attention as possible successors to metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) beyond the sub-10 nm era. In this work, numerical simulations were performed on single-walled semiconducting CNFETs using a FETToy simulator and a compact model with or without a smoothing parameter. The discontinuity in the derivative of the surface potential with respect to V GS in the compact model can be remedied by employing a simple smoothing parameter. The simulated output characteristics of CNFETs with a 1.5-nm-thickgate insulator and a 3-nm-diameter nanotube channel exhibited the advantage of using a smoothing parameter. Our results show fairly good matches between the FETToy model and the compact model with a smoothing parameter of less than 5 × 10−4.
- S. Iijima, Nature 354, 56 (1991). CrossRef
- J. Guo, M. Lundstrom and S. Datta, Appl. Phys. Lett. 80, 3192 (2002). CrossRef
- S. N. Hong and J. M. Park, J. Korean Phys. Soc. 56, 1497 (2010). CrossRef
- H. S. Park, S. G. Kim, J. D. Kim, J. G. Koo, Y. S. Yang, K. H. Lee and J. H. Lee, J. Korean Phys. Soc. 57, 802 (2010). CrossRef
- A. Raychowdhury, S. Mukhopadhyay and K. Roy, IEEE Trans. Comput. Aided Des. Integr. Circuits Syst. 23, 1415 (2004). CrossRef
- A. Aouaj, A. Bouziane and A. Nouacry, in International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems, ICMCS’ 09 (Ouarzazate, Morocco, April 2–4, 2009).
- J. W. Mintmire and C. T. White, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 2506 (1998). CrossRef
- F. Pregaldiny, C. Lallement and J. B. Kammerer, in Proceedings of the Conference on Design & Test of Integrated Systems in Nanoscale Technology (DTIS) (Tunis, Tunisia, September 5–7, 2006).
- I. O’Connor, J. Liu, F. Gaffiot, F. Prégaldiny, C. Lallement, C. Maneux, J. Goguet, S. Frégonèse, T. Zimmer, L. Anghel, T. T. Dang and R. Leveugle, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Regul. Pap. 54, 365 (2007).
- A. Raychowdhury, S. Mukhopadhyay and K. Roy, IEEE Trans. Comput. Aided Des. Integr. Circuits Syst. 12, 1411 (2004). CrossRef
- Nanohub on line simulation and more (on line), available at http://www.nanohub.org.
- Comparison of simulation models for the coaxially-gated carbon-nanotube field-effect transistor
Journal of the Korean Physical Society
Volume 61, Issue 3 , pp 410-414
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- The Korean Physical Society
- Additional Links
- Carbon nanotube
- Compact model
- Smoothing parameter