Comparison of simulation models for the coaxially-gated carbon-nanotube field-effect transistor
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Carbon-nanotube field-effect transistors (CNFETs) have received great attention as possible successors to metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) beyond the sub-10 nm era. In this work, numerical simulations were performed on single-walled semiconducting CNFETs using a FETToy simulator and a compact model with or without a smoothing parameter. The discontinuity in the derivative of the surface potential with respect to V GS in the compact model can be remedied by employing a simple smoothing parameter. The simulated output characteristics of CNFETs with a 1.5-nm-thickgate insulator and a 3-nm-diameter nanotube channel exhibited the advantage of using a smoothing parameter. Our results show fairly good matches between the FETToy model and the compact model with a smoothing parameter of less than 5 × 10−4.
- Iijima, S. (1991) Nature 354: pp. 56 CrossRef
- Guo, J., Lundstrom, M., Datta, S. (2002) Appl. Phys. Lett. 80: pp. 3192 CrossRef
- Hong, S. N., Park, J. M. (2010) J. Korean Phys. Soc. 56: pp. 1497 CrossRef
- Park, H. S., Kim, S. G., Kim, J. D., Koo, J. G., Yang, Y. S., Lee, K. H., Lee, J. H. (2010) J. Korean Phys. Soc. 57: pp. 802 CrossRef
- Raychowdhury, A., Mukhopadhyay, S., Roy, K. (2004) IEEE Trans. Comput. Aided Des. Integr. Circuits Syst. 23: pp. 1415 CrossRef
- A. Aouaj, A. Bouziane and A. Nouacry, in International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems, ICMCS’ 09 (Ouarzazate, Morocco, April 2–4, 2009).
- Mintmire, J. W., White, C. T. (1998) Phys. Rev. Lett. 81: pp. 2506 CrossRef
- F. Pregaldiny, C. Lallement and J. B. Kammerer, in Proceedings of the Conference on Design & Test of Integrated Systems in Nanoscale Technology (DTIS) (Tunis, Tunisia, September 5–7, 2006).
- O’Connor, I., Liu, J., Gaffiot, F., Prégaldiny, F., Lallement, C., Maneux, C., Goguet, J., Frégonèse, S., Zimmer, T., Anghel, L., Dang, T. T., Leveugle, R. (2007) IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Regul. Pap. 54: pp. 365
- Raychowdhury, A., Mukhopadhyay, S., Roy, K. (2004) IEEE Trans. Comput. Aided Des. Integr. Circuits Syst. 12: pp. 1411 CrossRef
- Nanohub on line simulation and more (on line), available at http://www.nanohub.org.
- Comparison of simulation models for the coaxially-gated carbon-nanotube field-effect transistor
Journal of the Korean Physical Society
Volume 61, Issue 3 , pp 410-414
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- The Korean Physical Society
- Additional Links
- Carbon nanotube
- Compact model
- Smoothing parameter
- Industry Sectors