Sensory Comparison of Fermented Soybeans (Cheongkookjang) Inoculated with Various Bacillus species by Principal Component Analysis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
For selecting less malodorous and stickier fermented soybean products, twenty microbes were isolated from 10 different samples of Cheongkookjang. The sensory characteristics of the 20 fermented soybean products were evaluated by descriptive sensory analysis, and followed principal component analysis. Five of the microbes had offered sticky and soft sensory characteristics.
- Borgognone MG, Bussi J, and Hough G (2001) Principal component analysis: covariance or correlation matrix? Food Qual Pre 12, 323–326. CrossRef
- Chung LN and Chung SJ (2008) Understanding the factors affecting the acceptance for fermented soybean products. Food Sci Biotechnol 17, 144–150.
- DeLong EF (1992) Archaea in coastal marine environments. Proc Natl Acad Sci U.S.A. 89, 5685–5689. CrossRef
- Heymann H, Holt DL, and Cliff MA (1993) Measurement of flavor by sensory descriptive techniques. In Flavor measurement, Proceedings of the Institute of Food Technologists Basic Symposium, IFT, New Orleans, LA, U.S.A.
- Lawless HT and Heymann H (1998) In Sensory evaluation of food (Principles and practices): Data relationships and multivariate applications. Aspen Publishers Inc., New York, NY, U.S.A.
- Lee NK, Jeon EH, Lee HJ, Cho IJ, and Hahm YT (2006) Isolation, identification, and characterization of Bacillus spp. from the traditionally fermented Cheonggukjangs in the Gyeonggi and Gangwon provinces. J Kor Soc Appl Biol Chem 49, 276–280
- Maasert DL, Vandeginste BGM, Deming SN, Michotte Y, and Kaufman L (1988) Principal components and factor analysis. In Chemometrics: A text Book. pp. 339–369. Elsevier, Amsterdam, Netherland.
- Meilgaard M, Civill G, and Carr BT (1999) In Sensory Evaluation Techniques: Test strategy and the design of experiments, (3rd ed.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FA, U.S.A.
- Ott RL (1993) Analysis of variance for some standard experimental designs. In An introduction to statistical methods and data analysis. pp. 844–856, Wadsworth Publishing Co., Belmont, CA, U.S.A.
- Petchkongkaew A, Taillandier P, Gasaluck P, and Lebrihi ND (2008) Isolation of Bacillus spp. from Thai fermented soybean (Thua-nao): Screening for aflatoxin B1, and ochratoxin A detoxification. J Applied Microbiol 104, 1495–1502. CrossRef
- Phillips LG, Mcgiff ML, Barbano DM, and Lawless HT (1995) The influence nonfat dry milk on the sensory properties, viscosity, and color of law fat milks. J Dairy Sci 78, 1258–1266. CrossRef
- Quinones HJ, Barbano DM, and Phillips LG (1998) Inflences of protein standardization on the viscosity, color, and sensory properties of 2 and 3.3% milks. J Dairy Sci 81, 884–894. CrossRef
- Stone H and Sidel JL (1993) In Sensory evaluation: Descriptive analysis, (2nd ed.), Academic Press, Sandiego, CA, U.S.A.
- Sensory Comparison of Fermented Soybeans (Cheongkookjang) Inoculated with Various Bacillus species by Principal Component Analysis
Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry
Volume 52, Issue 6 , pp 726-730
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- descriptive analysis
- principal component analysis
- sensory evaluation