Race-related variation of facial features: Anthropometric data I
- Alvin G. Goldstein
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Physical anthropological measures of faces of Japanese, whites, and blacks were obtained from several published sources. Comparisons among three racial groups yielded no evidence for racial differences in facial heterogeneity, but features of Japanese women’s faces may display more variation than the other faces studied.
- Robbins, M. Personal communication, October 1978.
- Chance, J., Goldstein, A. G., & McBride, L. Differential experience and recognition memory for faces. Journal of Social Psychology, 1975, 97, 243–253. CrossRef
- Cross, J. F., Cross, J., & Daly, J. Sex, race, age and beauty as factors in recognition of faces. Perception & Psychophysics, 1971, 10, 393–396. CrossRef
- Friedlaender, J. S. Patterns of human variation. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1975.
- Goldstein, A. G. Facial feature variation: Anthropometric data II. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, 1979, 13, 191–193.
- Goldstein, A. G., & Chance, J. Measuring psychological similarity of faces. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, 1976, 7, 407–408
- Goldstein, A. G., & Chance, J. Judging face similarity in own and other races. Journal of Psychology, 1978, 98, 185–193. CrossRef
- Goldstein, A. G., & Chance, J. Do “foreign” faces really look alike? Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, 1979, 13, 111–113.
- Herskovits, M. J. The anthropometry of the American negro. New York: Columbia University Press, 1930.
- Hooton, E. A., & Dupertuis, C. W. The physicial anthropology of Ireland. Papers of the Peabody Museum of Archeology and Ethnology, 1955, 30, Nos. 1 and 2.
- Malpass, R. S., & Kravitz, J. Recognition for faces of own and other race. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1969, 13, 330–335. CrossRef
- Miklashevskaya, N. M. Growth of the head and face in boys of various ethnic groups in the USSR. Human Biology, 1966, 38, 231–250.
- Montagu, M. F. A. A handbook of anthropometry. Springfield, III: Thomas, 1960. CrossRef
- Olivier, G. Practical anthropology. Springfield, III: Thomas, 1969.
- Shapiro, H. L. Migration and environment. New York: Oxford University Press, 1939.
- Shepherd, J. W., Deregowski, J. B., & Ellis, H. D. A cross- cultural study of recognition memory for faces. International Journal of Psychology, 1974, 9, 205–211. CrossRef
- Steegmann, A. T., Jr. Reliability testing of a facial contouro-meter. American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 1970, 33, 241–248. CrossRef
- Steegmann, A. T., Jr. Cold response, body form, and craniofacial shape in two racial groups of Hawaii. American Journal of Physical anthropology, 1972, 37, 193–222. CrossRef
- Race-related variation of facial features: Anthropometric data I
Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society
Volume 13, Issue 3 , pp 187-190
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, 65211