Structural changes in CЧ-25 cast iron in an amplitude-modulated high-frequency electromagnetic field
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The high-frequency magnetic field influence on changes in the structure and properties of CЧ-25 cast iron obtained by the method of continuous-cycle freeze casting has been studied. It has been found that the structure effects of high-frequency magnetic-pulse action on cast iron are the “healing” of surface defects, perlite dispersion, a decrease in the ferrite content in the structure due to the ferrite-graphite complex transformation into perlite, coarsening and modification of the internal structure of graphite inclusions, and a change in the cementite morphology. The observed structural changes determine the decrease in hardness of automobile parts of the cylinder-piston block.
- Structural changes in CЧ-25 cast iron in an amplitude-modulated high-frequency electromagnetic field
Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry
Volume 45, Issue 2 , pp 116-124
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. State Scientific Institution, Physical-Technical Institute, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, ul. Kuprevicha 10, Minsk, 220141, Republic of Belarus
- 2. State Scientific Institution, Institute of Metal Technology, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, ul. Byalynitskogo-Biruli 11, Mogilev, 212030, Republic of Belarus
- 3. State Scientific Institution, Stepanov Institute of Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, pr. Nezavisimosti 68, Minsk, 220072, Republic of Belarus