Oil saturation estimation using the Leverett technique
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Estimation of oil saturation in reservoir characterization is important for the solution of geological problems. We present an oil-saturation factor technique based on the Leverett J function. Such an approach allows oil saturation prediction in absence of holes on the basis of capillarimetric investigations of core material. The good agreement between the results of oil-saturation computation and the conventional Archie-Dahnov equations proves the validity and applicability of the suggested technique.
- Gudok, N.S., Bogdanovich, N.N., Martynov, V.G. (2007) Opredelenie fizicheskikh svoistv neftevodosoderzhashchikh porod. OOO “Nedra-Biznestsentr”, Moscow
- Don Uolkott. Razrabotka i upravlenie mestorozhdeniyami pri zavodnenii (Oilfield Development and Management when Waterflooding), Moscow: Shlyumberzhe, 2001, p. 143.
- Leverett, M.C. (1941) Capillary Behavior in Porous Solids. Petrol. Transactions. AIME 142: pp. 152-169
- Oil saturation estimation using the Leverett technique
Moscow University Geology Bulletin
Volume 66, Issue 4 , pp 293-296
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- capillary pressure
- Leverett J function
- water saturation
- oil saturation
- free water level
- radius of pores
- Industry Sectors