Simulation of thermal lesions in biological tissues irradiated by high-intensity focused ultrasound through the rib cage
- S. A. IlyinAffiliated withLomonosov Moscow Sate University Email author
- , S. M. BobkovaAffiliated withLomonosov Moscow Sate University
- , V. A. KhokhlovaAffiliated withLomonosov Moscow Sate University
- , L. R. GavrilovAffiliated withAndreyev Acoustics Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Thermal effect of high-intensity focused ultrasound on biological tissue behind the rib cage phantom has been numerically simulated. A phased array was used as a source of ultrasound. Temperature and thermal dose distributions in the biological tissue were calculated and used to find the form of thermal lesions. The results of the calculations are in good agreement with experiment and show that the model is applicable for predicting the effect produced by ultrasound in tissue.
- Simulation of thermal lesions in biological tissues irradiated by high-intensity focused ultrasound through the rib cage
Physics of Wave Phenomena
Volume 19, Issue 1 , pp 62-67
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links