Numerical model of electron injector for a traveling-wave tube based on a coupled-cavity chain
- V. M. Pikunov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A 2.5D numerical model of electron injector has been developed taking into account the thermal-electron velocities at the cathode. Three modes of operation are considered for hot-cathode diodes: initial-current, space-charge-limited current, and emission-current-saturation modes. The simulation results are compared with the measured current-temperature and current-voltage characteristics of injector for a traveling-wave tube based on a coupled-cavity chain.
- A. E. Vasil’ev, V.V. Vetrov, V.M. Pikunov, and V. S. Smirnov, “On Consideration of Near-Cathode Phenomena in Calculations of Electron Injector for Traveling-Wave Tube,” Preprint No. 11, MGU (Lomonosov Moscow State Univ., Faculty of Physics, 2005).
- V. Bursian, “Thermionic Current between Plane Electrodes in Vacuum,” Vestnik Rengenologii i Radiologii. 1(3), 1 (1919).
- I. Langmuir, “The Effect of Space Charge and Initial Velocities on the Potential Distribution and Thermionic Current between Parallel Plane Electrodes,” Phys. Rev. 21, 419 (1923). CrossRef
- A. M. Filachev, S.V. Andreev, M.A. Monastyrskii, V. A. Tarasov, I. Sh. Beluga, I.S. Gaidukova, and A. G. Murav’ev, “Development on Computation Techniques and Applied Program Package for Electron Beam Technological Units Modeling,” Appl. Phys. No. 2, 5 (1998).
- M. A. Monastyrskii, V. A. Tarasov, and A.G. Murav’ev, “Numerical Iterative Solution of the Self-Consistent Problem for Electron Guns in the Near-Cathode Region,” Appl. Phys. No. 2, 22 (1998).
- I. I. Barbarich, A. N. Ivanov, and A. A. Titov, “Software Package for Calculating the Parameters of Axially Symmetric Electron-Optical Systems with Allowance for the Initial Velocities of Thermal Electrons and Space Charge,” in New Methods for Calculating Electron-Optical Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 1983), p. 28 [in Russian].
- I. Sh. Beluga and I.M. Sokolova, “A Program for the Calculation of an Electron-Optic System Taking into Account Initial Velocities of Electrons,” Appl. Phys. Nos. 2–3, 88 (1997).
- V. M. Pikunov, “Numerical Simulation of Electron Injector with Allowance for the Cathode Temperature,” in Lomonosov Readings, Section of Physics, April 2007 (MGU, Moscow, 2007), p. 132 [in Russian].
- V.P. Il’in, Numerical Methods for Solving Problems of Electrophysics (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].
- S. I. Molokovskii and A. D. Sushkov, Intense Electron and Ion Beams (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].
- S. D. Gvozdover, Theory of Microwave Electron Devices (Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1956) [in Russian].
- L. N. Dobretsov and M. L. Gomoyunova, Emission Electronics (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].
- G. Hall and J.M. Watt, Modern Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations (Clarendon, N.Y., 1979).
- O. Yu. Maslennikov and A. B. Ushakov, Handbook of Efficient Hot Cathodes (Design and Technology) (MFTI, Moscow, 2003), Pt. 2 [in Russian].
- Numerical model of electron injector for a traveling-wave tube based on a coupled-cavity chain
Physics of Wave Phenomena
Volume 19, Issue 1 , pp 52-61
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- V. M. Pikunov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Physics, Moscow State University, Leninskie Gory 1/2, Moscow, 119992, Russia