Bright and dark solitons of the Rosenau-Kawahara equation with power law nonlinearity
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, the topological (dark) as well as non-topological (bright) soliton solutions to the Rosenau-Kawahara equation with power law nonlinearity are obtained by the solitary wave ansatz method. A couple of conserved quantities are also calculated for the case of bright soliton solution.
- A. Biswas and H. Triki, “1-Soliton Solution of the Klein-Gordon-Schrödinger’s Equation with Power Law Nonlinearity,” Appl. Math. Comp. 217(8), 3869 (2010). CrossRef
- J. Cai, S. Xie, and C. Yang, “Two Loop Soliton Solutions to the Reduced Ostrovsky Equation,” Int.Math. Forum. 3(31), 1529 (2008).
- N. A. Kudryashov and N.B. Loguinova, “Be Careful with Exp-Function Method,” Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numerical Simulation. 14(5), 1881 (2009). CrossRef
- N. A. Kudryashov, “Seven Common Errors in Finding Exact Solutions of Nonlinear Differential Equations,” Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numerical Simulation. 14(9–10), 3507 (2009) CrossRef
- M. Labidi and K. Omrani, “Numerical Simulation of the Modified Regularized Long Wave Equation by He’s Variational Iteration Method,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations (doi: 10.1002/num.20537).
- A. C. J. Luo and C. A. Tan, “Resonant and Stationary Waves in Rotating Disks,” Nonlinear Dynam. 24(4), 359 (2004). CrossRef
- A. C. J. Luo and B. C. Gegg, “An Analytical Prediction of Sliding Motions along Discontinuous Boundary in Non-Smooth Dynamical System,” Nonlinear Dynam. 49(3), 401 (2007). CrossRef
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Multiple-Soliton Solutions for the KP Equation by Hirota’s Bilinear Method and by the Tanh-Coth Method,” Appl. Math. Comp. 190(1), 633 (2007). CrossRef
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Regular Soliton Solutions and Singular Soliton Solutions for the Modified Kadomtsev-Petviashvili Equations,” Appl. Math. Comp. 204(1), 227 (2008). CrossRef
- J.-M. Zuo, “Solitons and Periodic Solutions for the Rosenau-KdV and Rosenau-Kawahara Equation,” Appl.Math. Comp. 215(2), 835 (2009). CrossRef
- Bright and dark solitons of the Rosenau-Kawahara equation with power law nonlinearity
Physics of Wave Phenomena
Volume 19, Issue 1 , pp 24-29
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematical Sciences, Center for Research and Education in Optical Sciences and Applications, Delaware State University, Dover, DE, 19901-2277, USA
- 2. Radiation Physics Laboratory, Department of Physics, Faculty of Sciences, Badji Mokhtar University, PO Box 12, Annaba, 2300, Algeria
- 3. Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie, BP 743, La Marsa, 2070, Tunisia