Phase visualization in the study of cellular structures by confocal microscopy
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
It is experimentally shown that recording of the axial hologram, along with the confocal image, expands the possibilities of studying biological structures. Specifically, this approach makes it possible to visualize the phase of object wave without significant changes in the confocal microscope design and using standard methods for image processing.
- R. H. Webb, “Confocal optical microscopy,” Rep. Prog. Phys. 59, 427 (1966). CrossRef
- G. I. Shtein, Guidance on Confocal Microscopy (Izd-vo SPU, St. Petersburg, 2007) [in Russian].
- M. E. Cox, “Microscopy,” in Handbook of Optical Holography, Ed. by H. J. Caulfield (Academic Press, N.Y., 1979).
- A. R. Brazhe, N. A. Brazhe, G. V. Maksimov, P. S. Ignatyev, A. B. Rubin, E. Mosekilde, and O. V. Sosnovtseva, “Phase-Modulation Laser Interference Microscopy: An Advance in Cell Imaging and Dynamics Study,” J. Biomed. Opt. 13(3), 034004 (2008). CrossRef
- A. Dieterlen, M. Debailleul, A. De Meyer, B. Simon, V. Georges, B. Colicchio, O. Haeberlé, and V. Lauer, “Recent Advances in 3-D Fluorescence Microscopy: Tomography as a Source of Information,” Proc. SPIE. 7008, 70080S (2008). CrossRef
- S. N. Kolbaev, I. N. Sharonova, V. S. Vorob’ev, and V. G. Skrebitskii, “Mechanisms of Modulation of GABA-Induced Currents in Isolated Cerebellar Cells by Tacrine,” Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 127(5), 458 (1999). CrossRef
- M. I. Mityushov, N. A. Emel’yanov, A. A. Mokrushin, I. A. Voiner, and T. R. Bagaeva, Living Brain Slice as an Object of Neurophysiological and Neurochemical Study (Nauka, Leningrad, 1986) [in Russian].
- I. V. Mukhina, V. B. Kazantsev, L. G. Khaspekov, Yu. N. Zakharov, M. V. Vedunova, E. V. Mitroshina, S. A. Korotchenko, and E. A. Koryagina, “Multielectrode Matrices: New Possibilities in Studying the Plasticity of Neuronal Network,” Sovremennye Tekhnologii v Meditsine. No. 1, 8 (2009).
- V. V. Lobyntseva and Yu. N. Zakharov, “Application of DigitalHolography for Studying Cellular Structures,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of Students and Young Researchers “Youth and Science” (Izd-vo NIYaU MIFI, Moscow, 2010), Pt. 3, p. 128 [in Russian].
- V. I. Redkorechev, I. A. Kulagin, V. S. Gurevich, M. E. Gusev, and Yu. N. Zakharov, “Picosecond Three-Color Holographic Digital Interferometry,” Opt. Spectrosc. 107(3), 407 (2009). CrossRef
- J. B. DeVelis and G. O. Reynolds, “Fresnel Holograms,” in Handbook of Optical Holography, Ed. by H. J. Caulfield (Academic Press, N.Y., 1979).
- Phase visualization in the study of cellular structures by confocal microscopy
Physics of Wave Phenomena
Volume 19, Issue 1 , pp 10-12
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links