On the hardness of a new boron phase, orthorhombic γ-B28
- V. L. SolozhenkoAffiliated withLPMTM-CNRS, Université Paris Nord
- , O. O. KurakevychAffiliated withLPMTM-CNRS, Université Paris Nord
- , A. R. OganovAffiliated withDepartment of Materials, ETH Zürich
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Measurements of the hardness of a new high-pressure boron phase, orthorhombic γ-B28, are reported. According to the data obtained, γ-B28 has the highest hardness (∼ 50 GPa) of all known crystal-line modifications of boron.
Key wordsorthorhombic boron hardness
- On the hardness of a new boron phase, orthorhombic γ-B28
Journal of Superhard Materials
Volume 30, Issue 6 , pp 428-429
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links