Free-space interconnect for optical switch and analogue neural network
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, the architecture of a vector-matrix multiplier (MVM) is simulated. The optical design can be made compact by the use of GRIN lenses for the optical fan-in. The intended application area was in storage area networks (SANs) but the concept can be applied to a neural network.
- Mikaelian, A.L., Using of Layered Media for Focusing Waves, Dokl. Acad. Nauk SSSR 81, 1951, no. 4, p. 569, Lens Antennas with Variable Index of Refraction (Izd. MEIS).
- Uchida, T., Furukawa, M., Kitano, I., Koizumi, K., and Matsumura, H., Optical Characteristics of a Light-Focusing Fiber Guide and Its Applications, IEEE J. QE-6, 1970, no. 10, p. 606.
- Scott Hinton H., Photonics in Switching, IEEE LIS, August 1992.
- Berger, Ch., Collings, N., Pourzand Ali R., and Volkel, R., Comparison of two Reconfigurable N × N Interconnects for a Recurrent Neural Network, Optical Rev., 1996, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. A388–A390. CrossRef
- Dammann, H. and Görtler, K., Optics, 1971, vol. 3, p. 321.
- Zhang, F., Collings, N., Crossland, W.A., Wilkinson, T.D., Neo, P.L., Taghizadeh, M.R., and Waddie, A., Free-Space Optical Fibre Ribbon Switch for Use in Storage Area Networks, IEE Proceedings Optoelectronics, 2005, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 285–229. CrossRef
- Free-space interconnect for optical switch and analogue neural network
Optical Memory and Neural Networks
Volume 20, Issue 1 , pp 2-6
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- Free-space optical switch
- storage area network
- optical neural network