Performance criterion of neural networks learning
- A. A. Larko
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The article deals with a new criterion (the wave criterion) of estimating the generalizing ability of a neural network. The theoretical grounding of the criterion is based on Bayes theorem, the methods of cybernetics and synergy. The computing experiments carried out with the databases Fmtrain, Matt, Grng, Ada have proved the criterion to be an effective tool.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Lawrence, S., Lee, C., and Tsoi, C., Lessons in Neural Network Training: Overfitting May be Harder than Expected, Proceedings of the Fourteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI-97 (Menlo Park, 1997), California: AAAI Press, pp. 540–545.
- Anderson, D., Burnham, K., and Thompson, W., Null Hypothesis Testing: Problems, Prevalence, and an Alternative, Journal of Wildlife Management, 2000, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 912–923. CrossRef
- Vapnik, V., The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory, Springer, 1995.
- Akaike, H., Information Theory and an Extension of the Maximum Likelihood Principle, Proceeding of 2nd International Symposium on Information Theory Budapest: Akademia Kiado, 1973, pp. 267–281.
- Rissanen, J., Modeling by Shortest Data Description, Automatica, 1978, vol. 14, pp. 465–471. CrossRef
- Prigogine, I.R., Arising from the Existing to: the Time and Complexity in the Natural Sciences, M.: University Press, 1985.
- Potapov, A.S., Recognition of Images and Machine Perception: The General Approach Based on the Principle of Minimum Length Description, St. Petersburg: Polytechnique, 2007.
- Gorban, A.N., Dunin-Barkowski, V.L., Kirdin, A.N., et al., Neuroinformatics, Novosibirsk: Science. Siberian Enterprise RAS, 1998.
- Besekersky, V.A. and Popov, E.P., The Theory of Automatic Adjustment, M.: University Press, 1975.
- Sekerin, A.B., The Method of Assessing the Sustainability Neyronno—Network Models./2005. http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2005/031.pdf.
- Kobozev, N.I., Research for the Thermodynamics of Information and Thinking, Moscow: Moscow State University, 1971.
- Beloglazov, V.V. and Biryuk, N.D., Analysis of the Stability of Parametric Method of Lyapunov Second Circuit, Voronezh. VSU Bulletin, Series Physics, Mathematics, 2003, no. 1.
- Sibert, U.M., Chains Signals System, Moscow: Mir, 1988.
About this Article
- Performance criterion of neural networks learning
Optical Memory and Neural Networks
Volume 17, Issue 3 , pp 208-219
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- machine learning
- generalization error
- quality criterion
- Bayes theorem
- A. A. Larko (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. CJSC “Infozentr”, 655017, Abakan, Pushkina street 199b, Russia, Republic of Khakassia