Limit vibration and pressure-pulsation cycles of the flow in the case of turbocharger rotor blade flutter
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, the feasibility of limiting the flutter amplitudes of the axial turbocharger rotor blades by stabilizing the rotor speed is based on a study of experimentally confirmed required conditions. Two composite tasks are analyzed, the role of the contributions of structural damping and pressure pulsations in the air flow to the stability of the turbocharger blades’ vibrations and the parametric conditions for limiting the blade’s flutter amplitude at a stabilized rotor speed. It is shown that the blade’s flutter amplitude can be stabilized by increasing the quadratic damping of the acoustic diametral mode of the pressure pulsations in the air flow.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Balakshin, O.B. and Kukharenko, B.G., Spectral Analysis for Turbocompressor’s Blades Flatter, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2007, vol. 417, no. 5, pp. 627–630.
- Ganiev, R.F., Balakshin, O.B., and Kukharenko, B.G., Resonance Bifurcation under Turbocompressor’s Rotor Blades Flatter, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2012, vol. 444, no. 1, pp. 35–37.
- Ganiev, R.F., Balakshin, O.B., and Kukharenko, B.G., Resonance Bifurcation during Self-Oscillations of the Rotor Blades of a Turbocompressor, J. Mach. Manuf. Reliab., 2012, vol. 41, no. 2, p. 101. CrossRef
- Ganiev, R.F. and Koval’chuk, P.S., Dinamika sistem tverdykh i uprugikh tel (Dynamics of Solid and Elastic Bodies Systems), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1980.
- Ganiev, R.F. and Fazullin, F.F., The Problem to Synchronize Mechanical Systems with Round Symmetry, Dokl. Akad. Nauk USSR. Ser. A, 1976, no. 11, pp. 92–97.
- Bendiksen, O.O. and Friedmann, P.P., The Effect of Bending-Torsion Coupling on Fan and Compressor Blade Flutter, Trans. ASME, 1982, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 617–623.
- Whitehead, D.S., Force and Moment Coefficients for Vibrating Airfoils in Cascade, Reports and Memoranda, London: British Aeronautical Research Council, 1960, no. 3254.
- Meskell, C., A Decrement Method for Quantifying Nonlinear and Linear Damping in Multidegree of Freedom Systems, ISRN Mech. Eng., 2011, vol. 2011.
- Meskell, C. and Eret, P., A Practical Approach to Parameter Identification for a Lightly Damped, Weakly Nonlinear System, J. Sound Vibration, 2008, vol. 310,issues 4–5, pp. 829–844.
- Ganiev, R.F., Balakshin, O.B., and Kukharenko, B.G., Stall Flatter under Incomplete Oscillations Synchronization of Turbocompressor’s Blades, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2010, vol. 431, no. 1, pp. 36–38.
- Ganiev, R.F., Balakshin, O.B., and Kukharenko, B.G., Flatter with Limited Oscillation Cycle for Turbocompressor’s Rotor Blades, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2012, vol. 446, no. 2, pp. 159–161.
- Fransson, T. and Vogt, D., FUTURE: Flutter-Free Turbomachinery Blades, Proc. 6th Europ. Aeronautics Days (Aerodays 2011), Madrid: DG Res. and Innovation Europ Commission, 2011.
- Martensson, H.E., Ostlund, J., Bladh, R., and Gruber, B., Design and Analysis of a Transonic Flutter Research Compressor Fanny if MTU Aero Engines Engineering News (Development), Munchen, 2011, pp. 1–16.
- May, M., Maurey, Y., and Sicot, F., Numerical Flutter Analysis of Turbomachinery Bladings Based on Time-Linearized, Time-Spectral and Time-Accumulate Simulations, Proc. Int. Forum on Aeroelasticity and Structural Dynamics IFASD-2011-080, Paris: Council of European Aerospace Societies, 2011, pp. 1–13.
- Frgund, O., Bartelt, M., Seume, J.R., et al., Impact of the Flow on an Acoustic Excitation System for Aeroelastic Studies, Proc. Turbine Technical Conference & Exposition (TURBO EXPO), Copenhagen: ASME Int. Gas Turbine Institute, 2012.
About this Article
- Limit vibration and pressure-pulsation cycles of the flow in the case of turbocharger rotor blade flutter
Journal of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability
Volume 42, Issue 1 , pp 1-6
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links