Twisted burnside theory for the discrete Heisenberg group and for wreath products of some groups
- F. K. Indukaev
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
For each positive integer N, an automorphism with the Reidemeister number 2N of the discrete Heisenberg group is constructed; an example of determination of points in the unitary dual object being fixed with respect to the mapping induced by the group automorphism is given. For wreath products of finitely generated Abelian groups and the group of integers, it is proved that if the Reidemeister number of an arbitrary automorphism is finite, then it is equal to the number of fixed points of the induced mapping on a finite-dimensional part of the unitary dual object.
- A. L. Fel’shtyn, “The Reidemeister Number of any Aautomorphism of a Gromov Hyperbolic Group is Infinite,” Zapiski Nauch. Semin. POMI (Geometry and Topology, 6) 279, (2001) [in Russian].
- Gonçalves, D., Wong, P. (2003) Twisted Conjugacy Classes in Exponential Growth Groups. Bull. London Math. Soc. 35: pp. 261 CrossRef
- Fel’shtyn, A., Gonçalves, D. (2006) Reidemeister Numbers of Automorphisms of Baumslag-Solitar Groups. Algebra and Discrete Math. 3: pp. 36
- Gonçalves, D., Wong, P. (2006) Twisted Conjugacy Classes in Wreath Products. Inter. J. Algebra and Comput. 16: pp. 875 CrossRef
- A. Fel’shtyn and E. Troitsky, “Twisted Burnside Theorem,” Preprint MPIM2005-46 (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik, 2005).
- J.-P. Serre, Linear Representations of Finite Groups, (Springer, 1977; Mir, Moscow, 1970).
- Fel’shtyn, A., Troitsky, E. A Twisted Burnside Theorem for Countable Groups and Reidemeister Numbers. In: Consani, K., Marcolli, M., Manin, Yu. eds. (2006) Proc. Workshop Noncommutative Geometry and Number Theory (Bonn, 2003). Vieweg, Brunschweig, pp. 141-154 CrossRef
- A. Fel’shtyn, F. Indukaev, and E. Troitsky, “Twisted Burnside Theorem for Two-Step Torsion-Free Nilpotent Groups,” Preprint MPIM2005-45 (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik, 2005).
- Fel’shtyn, A., Troitsky, E., Vershik, A. (2006) Twisted Burnside Theorem for Type II1 Groups: an Example. Math. Res. Lett. 13: pp. 719
- Kirillov, A. A. (1978) Elements of the Theory of Representations. Nauka, Moscow
- A. O. Barut and R. Raczka, Theory of Group Representations and Applications, Vol. 2 (PWN, 1977; Moscow, Mir, 1980).
- A. O. Barut and R. Raczka, Theory of Group Representations and Applications, Vol. 1 (PWN, 1977; Moscow, Mir, 1980).
- Amberg, B. (1970) Groups with Maximum Conditions. Pacif. J. Math. 32: pp. 9
- Twisted burnside theory for the discrete Heisenberg group and for wreath products of some groups
Moscow University Mathematics Bulletin
Volume 62, Issue 6 , pp 219-227
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- F. K. Indukaev (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Moscow State University, Leninskie Gory, Moscow, 119991, Russia