Feasibility study of a solar water pumping system
- A. Raturi
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Solar photovoltaic (SPV) water pumping systems have the potential to provide clean drinking water to millions of unserved people around the world. The abundant solar energy resource and groundwater availability in the Pacific Island Countries (PICs) can be combined to make much needed potable water available to remote island communities in these countries. This paper looks at the feasibility of using a SPV pumping system in one of the villages in the Fiji Islands.
- United Nations Development Programm (UNDP), Available from: http://www.undp.org/mdg/.
- Sanitation, Hygine and Drinking Water in Pacific Island Countries, Converting Commitment into Action, WHO/SOPAC Rep., WHO Western Pacific Regional Office, 2008.
- Burns, W.C.G., Pacific Islands Developing Countries and Climate Change in the World’s Water (2002–2003), Glieck, P., Ed., Islands Press, 2002.
- Tribble, G., Ground Water on Tropical Pacific Islands — Understanding a Vital Resource, U.S. Geol. Survey Circ., 2008.
- Crennan, L. and Burness, I., Equitable Management of Water and Sanitation in Pacific Island Counties, SOPAC Tech. Rep. no. 388, 2005.
- Asian Development Bank, REEP, Tech. Consultant’s Rep., Project no. RETA-6102. 2006.
- Pacific Regional Information System (PRISM), Available from: http://www.spc.int/prism/Other/electricity.html.
- Meah, K., Fletcher, S., and Ula, S., Solar Photovoltaic Water Pumping Remote Locations, Renew. Sust. Energy Rev., 2008, vol. 12,issue 2, pp. 472–487. CrossRef
- Purohit, P. and Michaelowa, A., CDM Potentials of SPV Pumps in India, Renew. Energy Rev., 2008, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 181–199. CrossRef
- Fiji Times, Apr. 17, 2007, Available from: www.fijitimes.com. Practical Action, Available from: http://precticalaction.org/home/.
- Zeiroth, G., Feasibility of Solar Pumps for Mauke Water Supply, 2005, Available from: www.sopac.org/tiki-download-file.php?fileID=512.
- Kaunmuang, P., Kirtikara, K., Songprakorb, R., et al., Assessment of Photovoltaic Pumping Systems in Thailand-One Decade Experience, Solar Energy Mater. Solar Cells, 2001, vol. 67,issues 1–4, pp. 529–534. CrossRef
- Feasibility study of a solar water pumping system
Applied Solar Energy
Volume 47, Issue 1 , pp 11-13
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Allerton Press, Inc.
- Additional Links
- A. Raturi (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of the South Pacific, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji Islands