A modified variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation by Adomian polynomials
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, we introduce a modified variational iteration method (MVIM) for solving Riccati differential equations. Also the fractional Riccati differential equation is solved by variational iteration method with considering Adomians polynomials for nonlinear terms. The main advantage of the MVIM is that it can enlarge the convergence region of iterative approximate solutions. Hence, the solutions obtained using the MVIM give good approximations for a larger interval. The numerical results show that the method is simple and effective.
- S. Abbasbandy, Homotopy perturbation method for quadratic Riccati differential equation and comparison with Adomian’s decomposition method. Appl. Math. Comput., 172 (2006), 485–490. CrossRef
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, J.J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods. Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, 2012.
- J. Cang, Y. Tan, H. Xu, S. Liao, Series solutions of non-linear Riccati differential equations with fractional order. Chaos Soliton. Fract. 40 (2009), 1–9. CrossRef
- V. Daftardar-Gejji, H. Jafari, Adomian decomposition: A tool for solving a system of fractional differential equations. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2 (2005), 508–518. CrossRef
- F. Geng, A modified variational iteration method for solving Riccati differential equations. Comput. Math. Appl. 60 (2010), 1868–1872. CrossRef
- J.H. He, Variational iteration method some recent result and new interpretations. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 207 (2007), 3–17. CrossRef
- H. Jafari, V. Daftardar-Gejji, Solving a system of nonlinear fractional differential equations using Adomian decomposition. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 29, No 1 (2006), 108–113.
- H. Jafari, A. Alipoor, A new method for calculating General Lagrange’s Multiplier in the variational iteration method. Numer. Meth. Part. D. E. 27 (2009), 996–1001. CrossRef
- H. Jafari, A. Kadem, D. Baleanu, T. Yilmaz, Solutions of the fractional Davey-Stewartson equations with variational iteration method. Rom. Rep. Phys., 64, No 2 (2012), 337–346.
- H. Jafari, M. Zabihi, E. Salehpor, Application of Variational iteration method for modified Camassa-Holm and Degasperis-Procesi equations, Numer. Meth. Part. D. E. 26, No 5 (2010), 1033–1039.
- H. Jafari and H. Tajadodi, He’s variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation. Intern. Journal of Differential Equations 2010, Article ID 764738, 8 pages.
- A.A. Kilbas, H.M. Srivastava, J.J. Trujillo, Theory and applications of fractional differential Equations. North-Holland Mathematics Studies, 204. Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, 2006. CrossRef
- V. Kiryakova, Generalized Fractional Calculus and Applications. Longman and J. Wiley, Harlow-New York, 1994.
- F. Mainardi, An historical perspective on fractional calculus in linear viscoelasticity. Frac. Calc. Appl. Anal. 15, No 4 (2012), 712–718; DOI:10.2478/s13540-012-0048-6; at http://link.springer.com/article/10.2478/s13540-012-0048-6
- A.B. Malinowska, D.F.M. Torres, fractional calculus of variations for a combined Caputo derivative, Frac. Calc. Appl. Anal. 14, No 4 (2011), 523–538; DOI:10.2478/s13540-011-0032-6; at http://link.springer.com/article/10.2478/s13540-011-0032-6
- S. Momani, N. Shawagfeh, Decomposition method for solving fractional Riccati differential equations. Appl. Math. Comput. 182 (2006), 1083–1092. CrossRef
- S. Momani, Z. Odibat, Numerical comparison of methods for solving linear differential equations of fractional order. Chaos Soliton. Fract. 31 (2007), 1248–1255. CrossRef
- K.B. Oldham, J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus. Academic Press, New York and London, 1974.
- Z. Odibat, S. Momani, Modified homotopy perturbation method: Application to quadratic Riccati differential equation. Chaos Soliton. Fract. 36 (2008), 167–174. CrossRef
- I. Podlubny, Geometric and physical interpretation of fractional integration and fractional differentiation. Fract. Calc. Appl. Anal. 5, No 4 (2002), 367–386; http://www.math.bas.bg/~fcaa
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations. Academic Press, San Diego, 1999.
- S.G. Samko, A.A. Kilbas, O.I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications. Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, 1993.
- A.M. Wazwaz, A new algorithm for calculating Adomian polynomials for nonlinear operators. Appl. Math. Comput. 111 (2000), 53–69. CrossRef
- A.M. Wazwaz, A comparison between the variational iteration method and Adomian decomposition method. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 207 (2007), 129–136. CrossRef
- A modified variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation by Adomian polynomials
Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 109-122
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP Versita
- Additional Links
- Primary 34A08
- Secondary 34K28, 34K37
- Riccati equation
- fractional derivative
- modified variational iteration method
- Adomian polynomials
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
- 2. Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Fac. of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 3. Institute of Space Sciences, Magurele-Bucharest, Romania
- 4. Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Cankaya University, 06530, Ankara, Turkey