Navassa Island and its flora. 2. Checklist of the vascular plants
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A revised checklist of the vascular plants of Navassa Island, a U.S. possession in the Caribbean, is presented. This is the first update since the original list was published by Ekman in 1929. A recent expedition to the island resulted in the addition of 35 taxa. Eight pteridophytes and 139 angiosperms are recorded from the island.
- Anonymous. 1998. First marine expedition to Navassa Island, U.S.A. The Plant Press (Smithsonian Institution) n.s. 1(5): 4.
- Buck, W. R. In press. Navassa Island and its flora. 1. History and bryophytes. Haussknechtia 7: in press.
- Clench, W. J. 1930. The Harvard Expedition to Navassa Island. Harvard Alumni Bull. 32(24): 684–687.
- Ekman, E. L. 1929. Plants of Navassa Island, West Indies. Ark. Bot. 22A(16): 1–12, pls. 1–2.
- Proctor, G. R. 1959. Observations on Navassa Island. Geonotes 2(2): 49–51.
- Stayman, A. P. &D. S. North. 1998. Navassa survey discovers a biological treasure. People, Land & Water 5(7): 30.
- Swartz, O. 1788. Nova genera et species seu prodromus descriptionum vegetabilium, maximam partem incognitorum quae sub itinere in Indiam Occidentalem annis 1783–87. Holmiæ.
- Swartz, O. 1797–1806. Flora India Occidentalis aucta atque illustrata; sive, descriptiones plantarum in prodromo recensitarum, 3 vols. Erlangae.
- Turner, R. D. 1960. Land shells of Navassa Island, West Indies. Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool. Harvard Coll. 122: 233–244, pls. 1–7.
- Navassa Island and its flora. 2. Checklist of the vascular plants
Volume 51, Issue 4 , pp 389-394
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Caribbean botany
- Navassa Island
- vascular plants