A screen for excluding jellyfish and ctenophores from Clarke-Bumpus plankton samples
- Donald R. Heinle
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A screen is described which successfully excludes jellyfish and ctenophores from Clarke-Bumpus plankton samples. Possible avoidance by copepods of the plankton sampler because of the screen was tested for by analysis of variance of paired tows made with and without the screen. Avoidance could not be demonstrated.
- Clarke, G. L., andD. F. Bumpus. 1950. The plankton sampler—an instrument for quantitative plankton investigation.Amer. Soc. Limnol. and Oceanogr. Sp. Publ. No. 5:1–8.
- Dovel, W. L. 1964. An approach to sampling estuarine macroplankton.Ches. Sci. 5(1–2):77–90. CrossRef
- Fleminger, A., andR. I. Clutter. 1965. Avoidance of towed nets by zooplankton.Limnol. and Oceanogr. 10(1):96–104. CrossRef
- Yentsch, C. S., andA. C. Duxbury. 1956. Some factors affecting the calibration number of the Clarke-Bumpus quantitative plankton sampler.Limnol. and Oceanogr. 1(4):268–273.
- A screen for excluding jellyfish and ctenophores from Clarke-Bumpus plankton samples
Volume 6, Issue 4 , pp 231-232
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Additional Links
- Donald R. Heinle (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Zoology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland