- … show all 0 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Marimastat [BB 2516, TA 2516] is a second-generation anticancer drug originally developed with British Biotech in Europe and North America.
This profile has been selected from R&D Insight™, a pharmaceutical intelligence database produced by Adis International Ltd.It is an orally active metalloprotease inhibitor of the same class as batimastat, and is the first compound in this class to have completed a pivotal clinical trial. Marimastat also has collagenase- and angiogenesis-inhibiting properties.
British Biotech and Schering-Plough have signed an agreement enabling the latter to develop and market marimastat in North America and Europe. Under the terms of the agreement, British Biotech will receive an up-front license fee of $US4 million and a $US4 million equity investment in British Biotech by Schering-Plough. Schering-Plough holds rights to marimastat in all countries other than the Far East and Japan. The two companies are considering asking the FDA for accelerated approval ...
- Millar, AW, Brown, PD, Moore, J (1998) Results of single and repeat dose studies of the oral matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor marimastat in healthy male volunteers. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 45: pp. 21-26 CrossRef
- Tierney, GM, Griffin, NR, Stuart, RC (1999) A pilot study of the safety and effects of the matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor marimastat in gastric cancer. European Journal of Cancer: Part A 35: pp. 563-568 CrossRef
- Rusmussen, H, Rugg, T, Brown, P (1997) A 371 patient meta-analysis of studies of marimastat in patients with advanced cancer.
- Evans, J, Bramhall, S, Carmichael, J (1996) A phase II study of marimastat (BB-2516) in advanced pancreatic cancer. Annals of Oncology 7: pp. 51
- Boasberg, P, Harbaugh, , Eisenberger, M (1997) Marimastat in patients with hormone refractory prostate cancer: a dose-finding study.
- Bodurtha, A, Eisenhauer, E, Steward, W (1997) Phase I-II study of marimastat (BB2516) in patients with metastatic melanoma.
- Wojtowicz-Praga, S, Torri, J, Johnson, M (1998) Phase I trial of marimastat, a novel matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor, administered orally to patients with advanced lung cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology 16: pp. 2150-2156
- Primrose, JN, Bleiberg, H, Daniel, F (1999) Marimastat in recurrent colorectal cancer: exploratory evaluation of biological activity by measurement of carcinoembryonic antigen. British Journal of Cancer 79: pp. 509-514 CrossRef
- King, J, Clingan, P, Morris, DL (2002) Placebo control double-blind randomised clinical trial of the matrix metalloproteinase inhib-itor marimastat in patients with inoperable colorectal cancer liver metastases: significant survival advantage in patients with musculoskeletal symptoms 21: pp. 135
- British Biotech plc announces results of marimastat study 145 in gastric cancer.
- Fielding, J, Scholefield, J, Stuart, R (2000) A randomized doubleblind placebo-controlled study of marimastat in patients with inoperable gastric adenocarcinoma 19: pp. 240
- British Biotech plc results of marimastat study 186 in patients with advanced ovarian cancer.
- Rosemurgy, A, Harris, J, Langleben, A (1999) Marimastat in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a dose-finding study. American Journal of Clinical Oncology 22: pp. 247-252 CrossRef
- British Biotech plc —results of marimastat study 128 —pancreatic cancer monotherapy trial.
- Evans, JD, Stark, A, Johnson, CD (2001) A phase II trial of marimastat in advanced pancreatic cancer. British Journal of Cancer 85: pp. 1865-1870 CrossRef
Drugs in R & D
Volume 4, Issue 3 , pp 198-203
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors