China as a Growing Research Base for Innovation in Medicines Development
- Michael HumphriesAffiliated withNovartis China Email author
- , Detlef NieseAffiliated withNovartis Pharma A.G.
- , Paul DaiAffiliated withNovartis China
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In the current context of China’s rapidly growing economy, multinational drug companies are investing significantly in research and development in China, a trend that has accelerated over the last 10 years. A robust regulatory framework, an abundance of highly equipped medical universities and large patient numbers in all therapy areas make China an increasingly attractive location to conduct clinical research. In addition, data from China are now accepted for inclusion in applications for market authorisation by regulatory agencies worldwide, including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US. Hence China is becoming an equal partner in global clinical development, a trend that is likely to grow significantly in the years to come.
- China as a Growing Research Base for Innovation in Medicines Development
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 6 , pp 355-359
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors