A new optimization algorithm based on chaos
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this article, some methods are proposed for enhancing the converging velocity of the COA (chaos optimization algorithm) based on using carrier wave two times, which can greatly increase the speed and efficiency of the first carrier wave’s search for the optimal point in implementing the sophisticated searching during the second carrier wave is faster and more accurate. In addition, the concept of using the carrier wave three times is proposed and put into practice to tackle the multi-variables optimization problems, where the searching for the optimal point of the last several variables is frequently worse than the first several ones.
- Choi, C., Lee, J., 1988. Chaotic local search algorithm. Artificial Life & Robotics, 2(1):41–47.
- Li, B., Jiang, W.S., 1997. Chaos optimization method and its application. Control Theory and Applications, (4):613–615 (in Chinese).
- Tokuda, I., Aihara, K., Nagashima, T., 1998. Adaptive annealing for chaotic optimization. Physical Review E, 58(4):5157–5160. [doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.58.5157] CrossRef
- Wang, Z.L., Qiu, L., Fu, Q., Liang, C., 2002. Application of chaos optimization algorithm to non-linear costrained programming. Journal of North China Institute of Water Conservancy and Hydroelectric Power, (2):1–7 (in Chinese).
- Zhang, T., Wang, H.W., Wang, Z.C., 1999. Mutative scale chaos optimization algorithm and its application. Control and Decision, (3):285–288 (in Chinese).
- A new optimization algorithm based on chaos
Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A
Volume 7, Issue 4 , pp 539-542
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Chaos optimization algorithm (COA)
- Carrier wave two times
- Multi-variables optimization
- Carrier wave triple frequency
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Computer Applications, China Jiliang University, Hangzhou, 310018, China
- 2. National Laboratory of Ocean and Civil Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, 2000 30, China
- 3. Institute of System Engineering Institute, National Laboratory of Industrial Control Technology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310027, China