Reliability analysis of diesel engine crankshaft based on 2D stress strength interference model
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A 2D stress strength interference model (2D-SSIM) considering that the fatigue reliability of engineering structural components has close relationship to load asymmetric ratio and its variability to some extent is put forward. The principle, geometric schematic and limit state equation of this model are presented. Reliability evaluation for a kind of diesel engine crankshaft was made based on this theory, in which multi-axial loading fatigue criteria was employed. Because more important factors, i.e. stress asymmetric ratio and its variability, are considered, it theoretically can make more accurate evaluation for structural component reliability than the traditional interference model. Correspondingly, a Monte-Carlo Method simulation solution is also given. The computation suggests that this model can yield satisfactory reliability evaluation.
- Ferdous, J., Borhan, U., Pandey, M., 1995. Estimation of reliability of a component under multiple stresses. Microelectronics Reliability, 35(2):279–283. [doi: 10.1016/0026-2714(94)00051-O]
- Freudenthal, A.M., Carrelts, M., Shinozuka, M., 1966. The analysis of structural safety. Journal of Structure Division, ASCE, 92:267–325.
- Lee, S.B., 1985. A Criterion for fully Reversed Out-of-phase Torsion and Bending. In: Miller, K.J., Brown, M.W. (Eds.), Multiaxial Fatigue. ASTM, Philadelphia, p.553–568.
- Liao, M., Xu, X.F., Yang, Q.X., 1995. Cumulative fatigue damage dynamic interference statistical model. Int. J. Fatigue, 17(8):559–566. [doi: 10.1016/0142-1123(96)81216-3]
- Proschan, F., 1980. A new approach to inference from accelerated life test. IEEE Trans. Reliab., 29:98–102.
- Reliability analysis of diesel engine crankshaft based on 2D stress strength interference model
Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A
Volume 7, Issue 3 , pp 391-397
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Fatigue reliability
- 2-dimensional interference model (2D-SSIM)
- Monte-Carlo Method
- Load asymmetric ratio
- Multi-axial fatigue criteria
- Industry Sectors