Date: 08 Mar 2011
Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: A Logical Strategy in Search of Progress
- Regine WF, Winter KA, Abrams R, et al. Fluorouracil-based chemoradiation with either gemcitabine or fluorouracil chemotherapy after resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: 5-year analysis of the US Intergroup/RTOG 9704 phase III Trial. Ann Surg Oncol. doi:10.1245/s10434-011-1630-6.
- Regine, W, Winter, K, Abrams, R (2008) Fluorouracil vs gemcitabine chemotherapy before and after fluorouracil-based chemoradiation following resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. J Am Med Assoc. 299: pp. 1019-1026 CrossRef
- Oettle, H, Post, S, Neuhaus, P (2007) Adjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine versus observation in patients undergoing curative-intent resection of pancreatic cancer. JAMA. 297: pp. 267-277 CrossRef
- Neoptolemos, J, Stocken, D, Bassi, C (2010) Adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus folinic acid vs gemcitabine following pancreatic cancer resection. JAMA. 304: pp. 1073-1081 CrossRef
- Laethem, J, Hammel, P, Mornex, F (2010) Adjuvant gemcitabine alone versus gemcitabine based chemoradiotherapy after curative resection for pancreatic cancer: A randomized EORTC-40013–22012/FFCD-9203/GERCOR phase II study. J Clin Oncol. 28: pp. 4450-4456 CrossRef
- Herman, J, Swartz, , Hsu, C (2008) Analysis of fluorouracil-based adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation after pancreaticoduodenectomy for ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: Results of a large, prospectively collected database and the Johns Hopkins Hospital. J Clin Oncol. 26: pp. 3503-3510 CrossRef
- Simons, J, Chau Ng, S, McDade, T (2010) Progress for resectable cancer? A population-based assessment of US practices. Cancer 116: pp. 2503
- Wolff, R, Varadhachary, G, Evans, D (2008) Adjuvant therapy for adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: Analysis of reported trials and recommendations for future progress. Ann Surg Oncol. 15: pp. 2773-2786 CrossRef
- Edge S, Byrd D, Compton C, Fritz A, Greene F, Trotti A III, editors. American Joint Committee on Cancer. AJCC cancer staging manual. 7th ed. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2010; 24:241–9.
- Katz, MH, Merchant, N, Brower, S (2010) Standardization of surgical and pathologic variables is needed in multicenter trials of adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer results from the ACOSOG Z5031 trial. Ann Surg Oncol. 18: pp. 337-344 CrossRef
- Iacobuzio-Donahue, C, Fu, B, Yachida, S (2009) DPC4 gene status of the primary carcinoma correlates with patterns of failure in patients with pancreatic cancer. J Clin Oncol. 27: pp. 1806-1813 CrossRef
- Evans, D, Varadhachary, G, Crane, C (2008) Preoperative gemcitabine-based chemoradiation for patients with resectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head. J Clin Oncol. 26: pp. 3496-3502 CrossRef
- Varadhachary, G, Wolff, R, Evans, D (2008) Preoperative gemcitabine and cisplatin followed by gemcitabine-based chemoradiation for resectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head. J Clin Oncol. 26: pp. 3487-3495 CrossRef
- US National Institutes of Health. Gemcitabine hydrochloride with or without erlotinib hydrochloride followed by the same chemotherapy regimen with or without radiation therapy and capecitabine or fluorouracil in treating patients with pancreatic cancer that has been removed by surgery. February 15, 2011. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01013649?term=Pancreatic+Cancer+and+RTOG&rank=6.
- Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: A Logical Strategy in Search of Progress
Annals of Surgical Oncology
Volume 18, Issue 5 , pp 1224-1228
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors