February 2010, Volume 17, Issue 2, pp 354-355,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 20 Nov 2009
K-Ras and MSI: Potential Markers of Both Patient Prognosis and Treatment Efficacy
- Nash GM, Gimbel M, Shia J, et al. KRAS mutation correlates with accelerated metastatic progression in patients with colorectal liver metastases. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009. doi:10.1245/s10434-009-0605-3.
- Nash GM, Gimbel M, Cohen AM, et al. KRAS mutation and microsatellite instability: two genetic markers of early tumor development that influence the prognosis of colorectal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009. doi:10.1245/s10434-009-0713-0.
- Gryfe, R, Kim, H, Hsieh, ET (2000) Tumor microsatellite instability and clinical outcome in young patients with colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med 342: pp. 69-77 CrossRef
- Ribic, CM, Sargent, DJ, Moore, MJ (2003) Tumor microsatellite-instability status as a predictor of benefit from fluorouracil-based adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer. N Engl J Med. 349: pp. 247-257 CrossRef
- Des Guetz, G, Schischmanoff, O, Nicolas, P, Perret, GY, Morere, JF, Uzzan, B (2009) Does microsatellite instability predict the efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer? A systematic review with meta-analysis. Eur J Cancer. 45: pp. 1890-1896 CrossRef
- Bertagnolli, MM, Niedzwiecki, D, Compton, CC (2009) Microsatellite instability predicts improved response to adjuvant therapy with irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in stage III colon cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Protocol 89803. J Clin Oncol. 27: pp. 1814-1821 CrossRef
- Peeters, M, Siena, S, Cutsem, E (2009) Association of progression-free survival, overall survival, and patient-reported outcomes by skin toxicity and KRAS status in patients receiving panitumumab monotherapy. Cancer. 115: pp. 1544-1554 CrossRef
- Cutsem, E, Kohne, CH, Hitre, E (2009) Cetuximab and chemotherapy as initial treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med. 360: pp. 1408-1417 CrossRef
- Lievre, A, Bachet, JB, Boige, V (2008) KRAS mutations as an independent prognostic factor in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with cetuximab. J Clin Oncol. 26: pp. 374-379 CrossRef
- Amado, RG, Wolf, M, Peeters, M (2008) Wild-type KRAS is required for panitumumab efficacy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 26: pp. 1626-1634 CrossRef
- Ahnen, DJ, Feigl, P, Quan, G (1998) Ki-ras mutation and p53 overexpression predict the clinical behavior of colorectal cancer: a Southwest Oncology Group study. Cancer Res. 58: pp. 1149-1158
- Samowitz, WS, Curtin, K, Schaffer, D, Robertson, M, Leppert, M, Slattery, ML (2000) Relationship of Ki-ras mutations in colon cancers to tumor location, stage, and survival: a population-based study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 9: pp. 1193-1197
- K-Ras and MSI: Potential Markers of Both Patient Prognosis and Treatment Efficacy
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Annals of Surgical Oncology
Volume 17, Issue 2 , pp 354-355
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors