About reducing integro-differential equations with infinite limits of integration to systems of ordinary differential equations
The purpose of this paper is to propose a method for studying integro-differential equations with infinite limits of integration. The main idea of this method is to reduce integro-differential equations to auxiliary systems of ordinary differential equations.
Results: a scheme of the reduction of integro-differential equations with infinite limits of integration to these auxiliary systems is described and a formula for representation of bounded solutions, based on fundamental matrices of these systems, is obtained.
Conclusion: methods proposed in this paper could be a basis for the Floquet theory and studies of stability, bifurcations, parametric resonance and various boundary value problems. As examples, models of tumor-immune system interaction, hematopoiesis and plankton-nutrient interaction are considered.
MSC: 45J05, 45J15, 34A12, 34K05, 34K30, 47G20.
- Drozdov AD, Kolmanovskii VB: Stability in Viscoelasticity. North Holland, Amsterdam; 1994.
- Fabrizio M, Morro A: Mathematical Problems in Linear Viscoelasticity. SIAM, Philadelphia; 1992.[SIAM Stud. Appl. Math.]
- Golden JM, Graham GAC: Boundary Value Problems in Linear Viscoelasticity. Springer, Berlin; 1988. CrossRef
- Gurtin ME, Pipkin AC: A general theory of heat conduction with finite wave speeds. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 1968, 31:113–126. CrossRef
- Novick-Cohen A: Conserved phase-field equations with memory. In Curvature Flows and Related Topics. Edited by: Damlamian A, Spruck J, Visintin A. Gakkotosho, Tokyo; 1995:179–197. [GAKUTO Internat. Ser. Math. Sci. Appl 5]
- Corduneanu C: Integral Equations and Stability Feedback Systems. Academic Press, New York; 1973.
- Corduneanu C: Integral Equations and Applications. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge; 1991. CrossRef
- Burton TA: Volterra Integral and Differential Equations. Academic Press, New York; 1983.
- D’Onofrio A, Gatti F, Cerrai P, Freshi L: Delay-induced oscillatory dynamics of tumor-immune system interaction. Math. Comput. Model. 2010, 52:572–591. CrossRef
- Weng P-X: Global attractive periodic solution in a model of hematopoiesis. Comput. Math. Appl. 2002, 44:1019–1030. CrossRef
- Ponosov A, Shindiapin A, Miguel J: The W-transform links delay and ordinary differential equations. Funct. Differ. Equ. 2002, 9:437–470.
- Domoshnitsky A: Exponential stability of convolution integro-differential equations. Funct. Differ. Equ. 1998, 5:445–455.
- Domoshnitsky A, Gotser Y: Hopf bifurcation of integro-differential equations. Electron. J. Qual. Theory Differ. Equ. 2000, 3:1–11.
- Domoshnitsky A, Goltser Y: Approach to study of bifurcations and stability of integro-differential equations. Math. Comput. Model. 2002, 36:663–678. CrossRef
- Domoshnitsky A, Goltser Y: On stability and boundary value problems for integro-differential equations. Nonlinear Anal., Theory Methods Appl. 2005,63(5–7):e761-e767. CrossRef
- Goltser Y, Domoshnitsky A: Bifurcation and stability of integro-differential equations. Nonlinear Anal., Theory Methods Appl. 2001, 47:953–967. CrossRef
- Agarwal RP, Bohner M, Domoshnitsky A, Goltser Ya: Floquet theory and stability of nonlinear integro-differential equations. Acta Math. Hung. 2005,109(4):305–330. CrossRef
- Goltser Y, Agronovich G: Normal form and parametric resonance in linear almost periodic systems. Funct. Differ. Equ. 2002, 9:117–134.
- Goltser Y: On bifurcation of steady resonance modes for nonlinear integro-differential equations. Differ. Equ. Dyn. Syst. 2006, 2:239–251.
- Domoshnitsky A, Maghakyan A, Puzanov N: About stabilization by feedback control in integral form. Georgian Math. J. 2012.
- Agarwal RP, Domoshnitsky A, Goltser Y: Stability of partial functional integro-differential equations. J. Dyn. Control Syst. 2006, 12:1–31. CrossRef
- Domoshnitsky A, Goltser Y: Constructive approach to phase transition model. Funct. Differ. Equ. 2000, 7:269–278.
- Goltser Y, Litsyn L: Volterra integro-differential systems of ordinary differential equations. Math. Comput. Model. 2005, 42:221–233. CrossRef
- Goltser Y, Litsyn L: Non-linear Volterra IDE, infinite systems and normal form of ODE. Nonlinear Anal., Theory Methods Appl. 2008, 68:1553–1569. CrossRef
- Shingui R: The effect of delays on stability and persistence in plankton models. Nonlinear Anal., Theory Methods Appl. 1995, 24:575–585. CrossRef
- Filatov AN: Averaging in Differential and Integro-Differential Equations. FAN, Tashkent; 1971. (in Russian)
- Coppel WA: Dichotomies in Stability Theory. Springer, Berlin; 1978.[Lecture Notes in Mathematics 629]
- Pliss VA: Integral Sets of Periodic Systems of Differential Equations. Nauka, Moscow; 1977.
- Bibikov YN: Course of Ordinary Differential Equations. Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow; 1991.
- Demidovich BP: Lectures on the Mathematical Theory of Stability. Nauka, Moscow; 1967.
- Mitropolsky YA, Samoilenko AM, Kulik VL: Dichotomies and Stability in Nonautonomous Linear Systems. Taylor & Francis, London; 2003.[Stability and Control: Theory, Methods and Applications 14]
- Gantmacher FR: Theory of Matrices. Chelsea Publishing, New York; 1959.
- Persidskii KP: Selected Works. Nauka, Alma-Ata; 1976.
- Persidskii KP: On stability of solutions to a countable systems of differential equations. Izv. AS Kaz. SSR, Math. Mech. 1948, 2:2–35.
- Persidskii KP: Infinite systems of differential equations. Izv. AS Kaz. SSR, Math. Mech. 1956,4(8):3–11.
- Persidskii KP: Countable systems of differential equations and stability of their solutions. Izv. AS Kaz. SSR, Math. Mech. 1959,7(11):52–71.
- Valeev KG, Zhautykov OA: Infinite Systems of Differential Equations. Nauka, Alma-Ata; 1974.
- Domoshnitsky A, Litsyn E: Positivity of the Green’s matrix of infinite system. Panam. Math. J. 2006,16(2):27–40.
- Domoshnitsky A, Goltser Y: Positivity of solutions to boundary value problems for infinite functional differential systems. Math. Comput. Model. 2007,45(11–12):1395–1404. CrossRef
- Litsyn L: On the formula for general solution of infinite system of functional differential equations. Funct. Differ. Equ. 1994, 2:111–121.
- Litsyn L: On the general theory of liner functional differential equations. Differ. Uravn. (Minsk) 1988, 24:977–986.
- Goursat E: Cours d’analyse mathematique. Gauthier-Villars, Paris; 1925.
- Stepanov, VV: Course of Differential Equations. Moscow (1958)
- About reducing integro-differential equations with infinite limits of integration to systems of ordinary differential equations
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Advances in Difference Equations
- Online Date
- June 2013
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- integro-differential equations
- fundamental matrix
- Cauchy matrix
- hyperbolic systems