Multiple-relay selection in amplify-and-forward cooperative wireless networks with multiple source nodes
In this article, we propose multiple-relay selection schemes for multiple source nodes in amplify-and-forward wireless relay networks based on the sum capacity maximization criterion. Both optimal and sub-optimal relay selection criteria are discussed, considering that sub-optimal approaches demonstrate advantages in reduced computational complexity. Using semi-definite programming convex optimization, we present computationally efficient algorithms for multiple-source multiple-relay selection (MSMRS) with both fixed number and varied number of relays. Finally, numerical results are provided to illustrate the comparisons between different relay selection criteria. It is demonstrated that optimal varied number MSMRS outperforms optimal fixed number MSMRS under the same power constraints.
- Multiple-relay selection in amplify-and-forward cooperative wireless networks with multiple source nodes
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking
- Online Date
- August 2012
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent, Shanghai, 201206, P.R. China
- 2. Center for Advanced Communications, Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 19085, USA
- 3. Faculty of Engineering, Ozyegin University, Istanbul, 34794, Turkey