October 2006, 7:S1,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 30 Oct 2006
The scientific challenge of the 21st century: from a reductionist to a holistic approach via systems biology
- Levi Montalcini, R (1952) Effects of mouse tumor transplantation on the nervous system. Ann N Y Acad Sci 55: pp. 330-344 CrossRef
- Levi Montalcini, R, Cohen, S (1956) In vitro and in vivo effects of a nerve growth stimulating agent isolated from snake venom. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 42: pp. 695-699 CrossRef
- Levi Montalcini, R (1987) The nerve growth factor 35 years later. The Nobel lecture. Science 237: pp. 1154-1162 CrossRef
- Levi Montalcini, R, Calissano, P (1979) The nerve growth factor. Sci. Am 240: pp. 68-77 CrossRef
- Levi Montalcini R, Calissano P: Nerve growth factor as a paradigm of polypeptide growth factor. TINS 1979, 473–477.
- Calissano, P, Levi Montalcini, R (1979) Is NGF an enzyme?. Nature 280: pp. 359-360 CrossRef
- Chao, MV (2003) Neurotrophins and their receptors: a convergence point for many signalling pathways. Nat Rev Neurosci 4: pp. 299-309 CrossRef
- Kalb R: The protean actions of neurotrophins and their receptors on the life and death of neurons. TINS 2005., 28:
- Levi Montalcini, R, Aloe, L, Alleva, B (1990) A role for nerve growth factor in nervous, endocrine and immune system. Progr Neuroendocrinimmunology 3: pp. 1-10
- The scientific challenge of the 21st century: from a reductionist to a holistic approach via systems biology
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Online Date
- October 2006
- Online ISSN
- BioMed Central
- Additional Links